Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Catching Fire

Catching Fire
by Suzanne Collins


In the second book, Katniss must deal with the consequences of her actions and behaviours during the Hunger Games – both the intentional betrayal of the Capitol and the unpredicted. She travels around the districts in ‘celebration’ of her victory, and begins to settle down into a new lifestyle as a victor when things begin to change in District 12. Not only does the daily routine of life change significantly, but there is a surprising twist in the 75th annual Hunger Games that will change Katniss’ life forever.


After finishing the first book in the Hunger Games trilogy, I could not wait to read the second book, and it did not disappoint. It was just as gripping with unpredictable twists throughout the book. It continues with the same themes of control, surveillance, love, survival, etc. as the previous book. I am becoming obsessed with this series, I love it! It is well written with lovable (and hateable) characters, all of which bring you on a roller-coaster ride of emotions throughout the story.

I am already reading the third book in the series, I love it! Seriously, READ THESE BOOKS if you can! I would recommend this book to anyone that likes dystopian, sci-fi, mystery or action! It is a great book!

2 comments:

Laura Morrigan said...

I need to read the first one, but I have sooo many books I need to read at the moment!

Stephanie said...

You should move this to the top of your list, it is soooo good!